|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Intern Abroad||Area of Study:||Advertising, Business, Business Administration, Business Law, Business Management, Communication, Computer Science, Economics, Hospitality Management and Tourism, Information Technology, Integrated Strategic Communication, International Business, International Economics, International Finance, International Law, International Marketing, International Relations, International Studies, Internships, Law, Management, Marketing, Media Arts and Studies, Pre-Health|
|Course Language:||English||Housing Options:||Hostel/Hotel|
|Eligibility:||1-Freshman, 2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Minimum GPA:||2.7|
|Student Type:||Both undergraduate and graduate students||Advisor:||http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team|
|UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Purchase required (via EA at UK)|
Intern-India Summer Immersion Program (InternshipDesk)
New Delhi, India
June 15-August 10, 2014
IThe India Summer Immersion Program offers students the opportunity to gain academic credit by completing a seven-week full time internship, including a course on Business in India.
The New Delhi team at InternshipDesk offers internships across several industries with a diverse range of companies. These include Multi-National Companies (MNC) with operations in India, large Indian companies, as well as various entrepreneur-led start-ups looking to invest in India's booming economy.
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) has partnered with InternshipDesk to provide program participants with academic input relevant to understanding how business is done in India. JGU is a non-profit global university established by the 2009 Haryana Private Universities Act. It is considered to be one of the most important universities in Asia with outstanding faculty members from different parts of the world.
- Live and study in New Delhi, a place that it quintessentially Indian.
- Earn credit towards Business, IT, Engineering, and Liberal Arts studies
- Develop a global network and gain a global perspective
- Take an intensive course on Indian Business practices
- Himalayan leadership trek
- Weekly cultural events
- Weekly speaker series
- Site visits to multinational organizations
- Students will earn transfer credit from O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU). For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by JGU. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school. However, the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- The required "Doing Business in India" course offered during this internship program has already been pre-approved by the Gatton College of Business to count as MGT 309 at UK.
- PRIOR to participating in this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the courses will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in the application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the Education Abroad at UK office. Once received, the Education Abroad staff will coordinate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) during their term abroad.
Housing & Meals
- Students will be housed in the YMCA New Delhi, a 100 plus room property featuring comfortable air-conditioned accommodation. It also includes a large pool, gymnasium, tennis court, basketball court, snooker table and a hall housing various fun activities like dance classes and yoga.
- Breakfast will be provided daily. Participants will be responsible for all other meals on their own. There is a dining facility within the YMCA and many restaurants within walking distance.
- Transportation to and from work will be provided daily.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Many financial aid packages (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with their UK Financial Aid counselor as soon as possible to apply for funding.
The Education Abroad at UK Scholarship - The campus-wide Selection Committee awards need-based scholarships to UK students in the amounts of $750, $1,000 and $1,500. The deadline for application materials is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
- InternshipDesk will offer one $500 scholarship to a UK student participating in this program.. After being accepted to the program, students will be able to apply for the scholarship if they have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and compose a 1-page essay answering the question: "What are you hoping to achieve personally, professionally, and academically by participating in this international experience?" Contact Internship Desk after applying to the program for more information.
- Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to Education Abroad at UK and one to InternshipDesk. You may access the InternshipDesk application here.
- Costs and cancellation policies vary by program, so it is important to review this information very carefully. For more information on program costs, please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website).
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility, in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. Passport applications. For more information about U.S. Passport applications please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. passport holders must obtain a visa for entry into India and have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the anticipated date of return. Please consult the Indian Embassy website or your Education Abroad advisor for more information.
- Students should be mindful of the length of time required to obtain the visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa.
Travel Medical Insurance
For More Information
For additional information about this program, please contact:
- EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall
- EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor, visit the EA Contact website.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer 2||2014||05/10/2014**||Rolling Admission||06/15/2014||08/10/2014|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.