|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The Education Abroad Network: Study Australia, Study New Zealand, Study Asia|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Accounting, Advertising, Architecture, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Chinese Language, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminology, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, Film, Finance, Fine Arts, French Language, Geology, German Language, Graphic Design, Greek Language, History, Hospitality Management and Tourism, Integrated Strategic Communication, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Italian Language, Japanese Language, Journalism, Literature, Management, Marketing, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Media Arts and Studies, Molecular Biology, Physics, Plant and Soil Science, Political Science, Pre-Health, Psychology, Public Health, Sociology, Spanish Language, Statistics, Theater|
|Course Language:||English||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Apartment(shared)||Eligibility:||1-Freshman, 2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
This program is open to undergraduate students from all colleges and disciplines.
Students will earn transfer credit from Griffith University. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by University of Sydney. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school. However, the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating in this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the courses will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in the application materials.
Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the Education Abroad at UK office. Once received, the Education Abroad staff will coordinate the transfer of credits to UK.
All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) the term they are abroad.
Housing & Meals
- Students have housing arranged through the Education Abroad Network for more information should visit their website (the link is in the program header at the top of this website).
- Students will be responsible for most meals for the duration of their term abroad.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students are strongly encouraged to explore all funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on the area of study, program type, length, and country of destination.
Many financial aid packages (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with their UK Financial Aid counselor as soon as possible to apply for funding.
The Education Abroad at UK Scholarship - The campus-wide Selection Committee awards need-based scholarships to UK students in the amounts of $750, $1,000 and $1,500. The deadline for application materials is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
For more information about scholarship and funding opportunities, please visit the Education Abroad at UK Financial Aid & Scholarships resource page.
Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to Education Abroad at UK and one to The Education Abroad Network.
- Costs and cancellation policies vary by program, so it is important to review this information very carefully. For more information on program costs, please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website).
- Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The UK Wildcat ID Center, in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. Passport applications. For more information about U.S. Passport applications please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. passport holders are required to obtain a visa for participation on this program. Participants who wish to extend their stay in the country beyond the program start and end dates must investigate the visa regulations at Australian government website for study in Australia FutureUnlimited.
- U.S. passport holders must obtain a visa for entry into Australia and have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the anticipated date of return. Please consult the Australian government website for study in Australia FutureUnlimited or your Education Abroad advisor for more information. Students should pay careful attention to the amount of time required to obtain the visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa.
Travel Medical Insurance
All participants of this program will be enrolled in HTH Travel Medical Insurance for the duration of the program. The cost of Travel Medical Insurance is included in the program fee. Please see the Education Abroad Health & Safety webpage for more information.
For More Information
For additional information about this program, please contact:
- Abby Hollander, Education Abroad Advisor
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2015||11/01/2014 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.