|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Spanish Language|
|Course Language:||Spanish||Minimum Language Requirement:||Multiple Levels|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Eligibility:||Freshman, Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Minimum GPA:||2.0||Student Type:||Undergraduate students only|
|Advisor:||Visit: www.uky.edu/educationabroad/contact/contact_advisor.html||UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Provided by program partner|
This program is open to undergraduate students from all academic disciplines.
Students will earn transfer credit from one of three universities: University of Belgrano, Academia Buenos Aires, or Universidad Nacional de Tres de Febrero (UNTREF). For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by the institution the student attends. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school. However, the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating in this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the courses will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in the application materials.
Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the Education Abroad at UK office. Once received, the Education Abroad staff will coordinate the transfer of credits to UK.
All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) during their term abroad.
Housing & Meals
- Housing is available with homestay families, families in apartment-style living arrangements or independent housing.
- Meals are dependent upon the type of housing selected.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students are strongly encouraged to explore all funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on the area of study, program type, length, and country of destination.
Many financial aid packages (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with their UK Financial Aid counselor as soon as possible to apply for funding.
The Education Abroad at UK Scholarship - The campus-wide Selection Committee awards need-based scholarships to UK students in the amounts of $750, $1,000 and $1,500. The deadline application materials is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
All Sol Education Abroad students at UK will receive an automatic $100 off of their program fee!
- The Sol Education Abroad Scholarship - Hispanic Studies majors and minors accepted to a Sol Education Abroad program will be considered. Awards are available for Fall, Spring, Winter, Academic Year and Summer programs. Students must complete the above Education Abroad at UK Scholarship application. Student will be considered based on need, major/minor, and acceptance to a Sol Education Abroad program.
For more information about scholarship and funding opportunities, please visit the Education Abroad at UK Financial Aid & Scholarships resource page.
Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to Education Abroad at UK and one to Sol Education Abroad. For the Sol Education Abroad partner application visit Sol Education Abroad Website.
- Costs and cancellation policies vary by program, so it is important to review this information very carefully. For more information on program costs, please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website).
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The UK Wildcat ID Center, in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. Passport applications. For more information about U.S. Passport applications please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. passport holders are not required to obtain a visa prior to entrance into Argentina, however, Argentina does charge a reciprocity fee of $160 upon entrance into the country. Programs greater than 90 days in length will require a visa however you will obtain the visa on site in Buenos Aires. The fee is approximately 600 Argentine pesos (about $150-$160). Participants who wish to extend their stay in the country beyond the program start and end dates must investigate the visa regulations at the Argentine Consulate.
Travel Medical Insurance
Participants wishing to travel before of after the official program dates are strongly encouraged to purchase additional coverage for the extended dates via Education Abroad at UK. Please see the Education Abroad Health & Safety webpage for more information. There is an option to purchase the extended coverage in the application.
For More Information
For additional information about this program, please contact:
EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor visit the EA Contact website.
- EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall
|Dates / Deadlines:|