|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Architecture, Art History, Classics, Design, Fashion, Interior Design, Italian Language, Landscape Architecture|
|Course Language:||English||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Homestay||Eligibility:||3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Student Type:||Both undergraduate and graduate students|
|Advisor:||http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team||School of Record:||Required for this program|
|UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Purchase required (via EA at UK)|
August 17 to December 15, 2014
What better place in the world to learn about Architecture and Design than Florence, Italy? This wonderful city is rich with culture, history and some of the most beautiful architecture in the world.
These semester programs are operated through Kent State University's College of Architecture and Environmental Design. Program options are available for both undergraduate and graduate students. To learn more about each specific program, please refer to the following link: http://www.kent.edu/CAED/internationalstudies/index.cfm
** Students interested in this program will have to apply BOTH to Education Abroad at UK and to Kent State. Students can start their Education Abroad application at UK by clicking on the "Apply Now" button above. To apply directly with Kent State, please refer to the following link: http://www.kent.edu/educationabroad/florence/apply-now.cfm
Housing and Meals
*NOTE: This program is operated through Kent State University. Therefore, students will be responsible for paying a Kent State Program Fee and Kent State Tuition and Fees in addition to any other fees required for the program. To learn more about the Kent State expenses, please refer to the following link: http://www.kent.edu/educationabroad/florence/costs.cfm
Make it Happen
- The Education Abroad Scholarship Selection Committee awards need-based scholarships to UK students in the amounts of $750, $1,000 and $1,500. The deadline for receipt of all Education Abroad at UK Scholarship application materials is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should see their UK financial aid advisor as soon as possible to apply for funding.
- For more information about scholarship opportunities, please visit our Scholarships resource page.
- Please also refer to Kent State for more information regarding potential scholarships for this program.
Travel Medical Insurance
For additional information about this program, please contact:
- EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall
- EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor, visit the EA Contact website.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2015||11/01/2014 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.