|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Intern Abroad||Area of Study:||Advertising, Art, Broadcasting, Business, Education, Government, Journalism, Marketing, Media Arts and Studies, Political Science|
|Course Language:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment(shared)|
|Eligibility:||Freshman, Junior, Senior, Sophomore||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
|Student Type:||Undergraduate students only||Advisor:||Visit: http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team|
|UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Provided by program partner|
This program is open to undergraduate students from all academic disciplines, with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Certain placements, including Finance and Banking, require a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students will receive Arcadia University transfer credit for 3 credit hours of internship credit and 3 credit hours of academic credit for a course conjunctive with the internship, available from a list of electives. Students who choose to take “Marketing in the UK Environment,” (Arcadia course LONS BUUK 390S) will earn UK MKT 435 credit, which counts toward the international business minor and the MKT major.
- PRIOR to participating in this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the courses will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in the application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the Education Abroad at UK office. Once received, the Education Abroad staff will coordinate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour).
Housing and Meals
The program fee includes accommodation, but does not include costs for meals or meal plans. Arcadia University strives to accommodate students in a place that will support their studies and enable them to experience the local culture. For more information, please visit the following Arcadia University webpage.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Students are strongly encouraged to explore all funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on the area of study, program type, length, and country of destination.
- Many financial aid packages (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with their UK Financial Aid counselor as soon as possible to apply for funding.
- The Education Abroad at UK Scholarship - The campus-wide Selection Committee awards need-based scholarships to UK students in the amounts of $750, $1,000 and $1,500. The deadline for application materials is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
- For more information about scholarship and funding opportunities, please visit the Education Abroad at UK Financial Aid & Scholarships resource page.
- Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to Education Abroad at UK and one to Arcadia. For the Arcadia partner application visit the program website.
- Costs and cancellation policies vary by program, so it is important to review this information very carefully. For more information on program costs, please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website).
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility, in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. Passport applications. For more information about U.S. Passport applications please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- Participants holding a US passport are required to obtain a Tier 4 visa for this program. For more information please visit the United Kingdom Border Agency website. Visa applications should be submitted well in advance of the program start date. Students should pay careful attention to the amount of time required to obtain the visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa.
Travel Medical Insurance
For More Information
For additional information about this program, please contact:
- EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall
- EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor, visit the EA Contact website.
|Dates / Deadlines:|