|Partner Website:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Knowledge Exchange Institute|
|Program Cost and Budget||
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2016||05/10/2016 **||Rolling Admission||09/13/2016||12/19/2016|
|Academic Year||2016-2017||05/10/2016 **||Rolling Admission||09/13/2016||12/19/2016|
|Spring||2017||11/10/2016 **||Rolling Admission||01/23/2017||06/11/2017|
|NOTE: Program dates are approximate.|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be notified of acceptance into this program and will then need to complete post-decision materials prior to departing for the program.
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Business, Civil Engineering, Communication, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, Family Science, Hospitality Management and Tourism, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Internships, Literature, Management, Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology|
|Course Language:||English||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Residence Hall||Eligibility:||1-Freshman, 2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Student Type:||Undergraduate students only|
|Advisor:||http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team||UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Purchase required (via EA at UK)|
|Approved for VA Benefits:||Previously Approved|
|ABOUT KEI||PROGRAM FINDER||STUDENT REVIEWS||FINANCIAL AID|
|ACADEMICS||STUDENT LIFE||FIELD TRIPS||REQUEST CATALOG||APPLY TO KEI|
KEI in London, England - Semester/Academic YearLondon is the epitome of a global city with diverse communities, historic landmarks, amazing nightlife, world-class museums and outdoor markets. With a history that spans over 2,000 years, it is no wonder most agree with the Samuel Johnson quote, "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life."
Read more about England and London.
Knowledge Exchange Institute
Phone: 1.212.931.9953 | Toll Free: 1.800.831.5095 | Fax: 1.212.528.2095
63 Sickletown Road, West Nyack, New York, 10994 USA
info@KEIabroad.org | www.KEIabroad.org
Students will earn transfer credit from London South Bank University. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by London South Bank University. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school; however the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the UK Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating on this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the course will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the UK Education Abroad office. Once received, Education Abroad staff will facilitate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) at UK during their term abroad.
Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to UK Education Abroad and one to KEI. For the KEI application, click the "Homepage" link at the top of this page.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students are strongly encouraged to explore multiple funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on area of study, program type, length and country of destination. Smaller scholarships can often be "stacked" together to help fund education abroad.
- Usually, financial aid (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with UK Financial Aid as soon as possible to identify possible financial aid opportunities.
- UK Education Abroad Scholarship - a campus wide selection committee awards needs-based scholarships to UK students in amounts of $750, $1,000 & $1,500. The deadline to apply is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
- UK Students qualify for an automatic $1000 program fee reduction for Fall, Spring or Academic Year programs. See the Fees and Policies link above for more information.
- KEI offers additional scholarships for participation on this program. Please visit the UK EA website for KEI Partner Scholarships for more information.
Costs and cancellation policies vary by program. Please see the "Program Cost and Budget" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website). Be sure to consider the associated UK costs, program specifications, and related travel expenses.
Passport & Visa Requirements
Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility accepts U.S. passport applications. For more information about U.S. passport applications, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. passport holders do not require a visa for entry into the United Kingdom for less than 180 days. For stays of more than 180 days, a visa is required. Please consult the UK Embassy or your Education Abroad Advisor for more information. Students should pay careful attention to the amount of time required to obtain a visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa.
All participants of this program will be enrolled in Travel Medical Insurance for the duration of the program. Participants wishing to travel before or after the official program dates are strongly encouraged to purchase additional coverage for the extended travel dates. Please see the UK Education Abroad Health & Safety website for more information.
All students will participate in UK pre-departure orientation activities. Students will often participate in orientation activities upon arrival in the host country as well. In addition to pre-departure orientations, students will have access to on-going orientation resources during and after their program to maximize the intercultural and intellectual learning potential at each phase of the education abroad experience. Students are strongly encouraged to independently research their host country. Participants should consider the history, current politics, social media outlets, tourism boards, etc.
In support of the University of Kentucky's compelling interest in the educational benefit of diversity within the UK Student body, UK Education Abroad encourages all students to apply for an education abroad program that best suits their academic and personal needs. For more information, please see our diversity abroad resources, here.
For More Information
For additional information about the program, please contact:
EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall - Walk ins are welcome Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor visit EA Contact Us
Connect with EA