|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Architecture|
|Course Language:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment(shared)|
|Eligibility:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Minimum GPA:||2|
|Student Type:||Undergraduate students only||Advisor:||Ted Strohmeier|
|UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Purchase required (via EA at UK)|
UK Exchange: Dessau Summer School of Architecture
UK College of Design
This program is not currently accepting applications. Please contact the College of Design for more information.
The Dessau Summer School of Architecture is part of a bilateral exchange program with The Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Dessau, Germany.
The Dessau Summer School of Architecture lays emphasis on the exceptional role of the Dessau region in terms of Modern Architecture. Studio is not the only area that has this focus; it is analyzed and deepened in Drawing Class and in the 'Architecture and Society' course. Students investigate it personally on excursions to relevant sites, both local and remote.
The Summer School of Architecture is conducted in English and students have access to the Bauhaus lectures.
- Earn credit from Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Live and learn in one of the world's most famous cities for architecture
- Experience the Bauhaus
Students must be in possession of a valid passport at the time of application to this program.
- Students will earn transfer credit from Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school. However, the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating in this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the courses will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in the application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the Education Abroad at UK office. Once received, the Education Abroad staff will coordinate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) the term they are abroad.
Housing & Meals
- Two students share an apartment with an equipped kitchenette and bathroom.
- Anhalt University has its own cafeteria on campus, offering food at lunch time. There is also a student café, open all day. Other meal options are the Bauhaus cafeteria and the Bauhaus Club.
- The kitchenettes in the apartments make self catering possible. It is suggested that you calculate about 10 Euro per day for meals. Near to the apartments you will find various options for shopping.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Many financial aid packages (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with their UK Financial Aid counselor as soon as possible to apply for funding.
The Education Abroad at UK Scholarship - The campus-wide Selection Committee awards need-based scholarships to UK students in the amounts of $750, $1,000 and $1,500. The deadline for application materials is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships are also available to students studying in Germany. Visit www.daad.org for more information!
- Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to Education Abroad at UK and one to Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. For the Anhalt University application, visit this link.
- Costs and cancellation policies vary by program, so it is important to review this information very carefully. For more information on program costs, please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website).
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility, in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. Passport applications. For more information about U.S. Passport applications please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. passport holders do not need a visa to enter Germany but will require a student visa for stays exceeding 90 days. Please consult the website for The Embassy of Germany or your Education Abroad advisor for more information. Students should pay careful attention to the amount of time required to obtain the visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa.
Travel Medical Insurance
For More Information
For additional information about this program, please contact:
- EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall
- Mr. Ted Strohmeier, Interim Education Exchanges Coordinator, email@example.com
|Dates / Deadlines:|