|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||UK applicants only|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Agriculture, Art History, Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Classics, Economics, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Finance, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, Statistics, Theater|
|Course Language:||English||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Apartment(shared)||Eligibility:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Minimum GPA:||3.3||Student Type:||Undergraduate students only|
|Advisor:||http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team||UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Provided by program partner|
Study at Trinity College, Dublin
History, tradition, and academic excellence: these are some of the hallmarks of a study abroad experience at Trinity College Dublin. Trinity's 15,000 students are fortunate to enjoy the convenience and excitement of being located in the heart of Dublin while at the same time benefiting from the seclusion and tranquility of the campus environment.
Among Trinity's hundreds of course offerings, you'll need to focus on one subject area. Careful consideration of exactly what you would like to pursue is very important because at Trinity you can expect to take all of your courses within a single teaching department (such as English or Art History) or within a specific interdisciplinary faculty (such as Business, Economics, and Social Science) that encompasses two or three subjects exclusively. Because the academic year at Trinity is divided into three terms of uneven length, The College of Global Studies program at Trinity College is available only to students who intend to study abroad for a full academic year.
An Arcadia program isn't just about enrolling you in an overseas institution, however. It's about all of the services that we provide. We encourage you to contact your program manager for advice on the application process, choosing courses, or simply what you should pack. Once you arrive in Ireland, our resident director will lead an orientation program in Dublin that will introduce you to the culture, history and politics of Ireland as well as preparing you for the academic challenges of studying in a different educational system.
Fall Semester and Academic Year: April 20
Spring Semester: October 15
Students will earn transfer credit from Arcadia University. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by Arcadia University. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school; however the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the UK Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating on this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the course will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the UK Education Abroad office. Once received, Education Abroad staff will facilitate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) at UK during their term abroad.
Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to UK Education Abroad and one to Arcaida. For the Arcadia application, click the "Homepage" link at the top of this page.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students are strongly encouraged to explore multiple funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on area of study, program type, length and country of destination. Smaller scholarships can often be "stacked" together to help fund education abroad.
- Usually, financial aid (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with UK Financial Aid as soon as possible to identify possible financial aid opportunities.
- UK Education Abroad Scholarship - a campus wide selection committee awards needs-based scholarships to UK students in amounts of $750, $1,000 & $1,500. The deadline to apply is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
- Arcadia offers additional scholarships for participation on this program. Please visit the UK EA website for Arcadia Scholarships for more information.
- UK Students qualify for an additional 'Celtic Blue' program fee reduction of up to $1000. Application to the program automatically qualifies students for this reduction.
Costs and cancellation policies vary by program. Please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website). Be sure to consider the associated UK costs, program specifications, and related travel expenses.
Passport & Visa Requirements
Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. passport applications. For more information about U.S. passport applications, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. Passport holders are not required to obtain a visa for participation on programs lasting 90 days or less. Non-U.S. passport holders must investigate the visa regulations of Irish Embassy as well as the associated regulations for their current U.S. student visa.
- U.S. passport holders must obtain a visa for entry into Ireland for programs longer than 90 days. Please consult the Irish Embassy or your Education Abroad Advisor for more information. Students should pay careful attention to the amount of time required to obtain a visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa.
All participants of this program will be enrolled in Travel Medical Insurance for the duration of the program. Participants wishing to travel before or after the official program dates are strongly encouraged to purchase additional coverage for the extended travel dates. Please see the UK Education Abroad Health & Safety website for more information.
All students will participate in UK pre-departure orientation activities. Students will often participate in orientation activities upon arrival in the host country as well. In addition to pre-departure orientations, students will have access to on-going orientation resources during and after their program to maximize the intercultural and intellectual learning potential at each phase of the education abroad experience. Students are strongly encouraged to independently research their host country. Participants should consider the history, current politics, social media outlets, tourism boards, etc.
For More Information
For additional information about the program, please contact:
EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall - Walk ins are welcome Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor visit EA Contact Us
Connect with EA
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2015||04/20/2015 **||Rolling Admission||09/07/2015||12/12/2015|
|NOTE: Term dates are approximate.|
|Academic Year||2015-2016||04/20/2015 **||Rolling Admission||09/07/2015||05/21/2016|
|NOTE: Term dates are approximate.|
|Spring||2016||10/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||01/01/2016||05/23/2016|
|NOTE: Term dates are approximate.|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.