|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SAI Programs|
|Restrictions:||UK applicants only|
|Fees and Policies||
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2016||04/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer 1||2016||04/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer 2||2016||04/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2016-2017||04/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be notified of acceptance into this program and will then need to complete post-decision materials prior to departing for the program.
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Anthropology, Art, Art History, Art Studio, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Classics, Communication, Creative Writing, Economics, Family Science, Fashion, Fine Arts, History, International Business, International Studies, Italian Language, Italian Studies, Journalism, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Sociology, Theater|
|Course Language:||English, Italian||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Apartment(shared), Homestay||Eligibility:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Student Type:||Undergraduate students only|
|Advisor:||http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team||UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Provided by program partner|
of the Arts
Florence University of the Arts (FUA) presents a contemporary and thorough approach to a Liberal Arts education, along with an extensive curriculum in Studio Arts. With small classes taught by a highly qualified international faculty, every course aims to enhance the social, intercultural and professional experience of each student.
Programs are offered in English during the spring and fall semesters, as well as during the summer term.
FUA combines innovative curriculum and collaborative teaching methods to create a unique, hands-on educational experience. Courses at FUA are chosen from the following departments/ colleges:
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Fine and Visual Arts
- College of Life Sciences, Environmental Studies and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Science
SAI Programs oversees and coordinates all aspects of student enrollment, including application processing, course selection and credit, visa preparation, housing, student health insurance, transcripts and cell phone service. In addition, SAI provides comprehensive student services, beginning with pre-departure and leading to our on-site orientation.
Students will earn transfer credit from Florence University of the Arts. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by Florence University of the Arts. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school; however the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the UK Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating on this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the course will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the UK Education Abroad office. Once received, Education Abroad staff will facilitate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) at UK during their term abroad.
Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to UK Education Abroad and one to SAI. For the SAI application, click the "Homepage" link at the top of this page.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students are strongly encouraged to explore multiple funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on area of study, program type, length and country of destination. Smaller scholarships can often be "stacked" together to help fund education abroad.
- Usually, financial aid (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with UK Financial Aid as soon as possible to identify possible financial aid opportunities.
- UK Education Abroad Scholarship - a campus wide selection committee awards needs-based scholarships to UK students in amounts of $750, $1,000 & $1,500. The deadline to apply is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
- SAI Partner offers additional scholarships for participation on this program. Please visit the UK EA website for SAI scholarship information..
- UK Students qualify for an automatic $300 program fee reduction for a semester program and a $150 program fee reduction for a summer program. See the Fees and Policies link above for more information.
Costs and cancellation policies vary by program. Please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website). Be sure to consider the associated UK costs, program specifications, and related travel expenses.
Passport & Visa Requirements
Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. passport applications. For more information about U.S. passport applications, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. passport holders must obtain a visa for entry into Italy if participating on a semester program. Please consult the Italian Embassy or your Education Abroad Advisor for more information. Students should pay careful attention to the amount of time required to obtain a visa. It is strongly suggested that students work with a visa expediting service, such as A Briggs or VisaHQ to obtain the visa. U.S. passport holders do not need a visa for entry into Italy if participating on a summer program for less than 90 days.
All participants of this program will be enrolled in Travel Medical Insurance for the duration of the program. Participants wishing to travel before or after the official program dates are strongly encouraged to purchase additional coverage for the extended travel dates. Please see the UK Education Abroad Health & Safety website for more information.
All students will participate in UK pre-departure orientation activities. Students will often participate in orientation activities upon arrival in the host country as well. In addition to pre-departure orientations, students will have access to on-going orientation resources during and after their program to maximize the intercultural and intellectual learning potential at each phase of the education abroad experience. Students are strongly encouraged to independently research their host country. Participants should consider the history, current politics, social media outlets, tourism boards, etc.
For More Information
For additional information about the program, please contact:
EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall - Walk ins are welcome Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor visit EA Contact Us
Connect with EA