|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Knowledge Exchange Institute|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||UK applicants only|
|Fees and Policies||
|Experience Type:||Study Abroad||Area of Study:||Business, Communication, Computer Science, Design, Fashion, Hospitality Management and Tourism, Interior Design, International Business, International Studies, Journalism, Law, Media Arts and Studies, Merchandising, Apparel & Textiles, Music, Political Science, Theater/Drama|
|Course Language:||English||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Apartment(shared)||Eligibility:||Freshman, Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Student Type:||Undergraduate students only|
|Advisor:||http://www.uky.edu/international/the_team||UK Travel Medical Insurance:||Purchase required (via EA at UK)|
|ABOUT KEI||PROGRAM FINDER||STUDENT REVIEWS||FINANCIAL AID|
|ACADEMICS||STUDENT LIFE||FIELD TRIPS||REQUEST CATALOG||APPLY TO KEI|
KEI in Dublin, Ireland - Semester/Academic YearDublin, Ireland features the best of all worlds: an English-speaking capital city, a world-class business center, and plenty of local culture to spice things up!
Read more about Ireland and Dublin.
Knowledge Exchange Institute
Phone: 1.212.931.9953 | Toll Free: 1.800.831.5095 | Fax: 1.212.528.2095
63 Sickletown Road, West Nyack, New York, 10994 USA
info@KEIabroad.org | www.KEIabroad.org
Students will earn transfer credit from Griffith College Dublin. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by Griffith College Dublin. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school; however the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the UK Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating on this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the course will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the UK Education Abroad office. Once received, Education Abroad staff will facilitate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in ISP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) at UK during their term abroad.
Students must complete two applications to participate in this program - one to UK Education Abroad and one to KEI. For the KEI application, click the "Homepage" link at the top of this page.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Students are strongly encouraged to explore multiple funding opportunities for programs abroad. There are numerous opportunities available based on area of study, program type, length and country of destination. Smaller scholarships can often be "stacked" together to create a larger financial aid package.
- Many financial aid packages (scholarships, loans and grants) used for on-campus study can be applied to education abroad programs. Students who qualify for financial aid should consult with UK Financial Aid as soon as possible to identify possible financial aid opportunities.
- UK Education Abroad Scholarship - a campus wide selection committee awards needs-based scholarships to UK students in amounts of $750, $1,000 & $1,500. The deadline to apply is March 1 for Summer/Fall programs and October 1 for Spring/Winter programs.
- UK Students qualify for an automatic $1000 program fee reduction. See the Fees and Policies link above for more information.
- KEI offers additional scholarships for participation on this program. Please visit KEI page on the UK Education Abroad Financial Aid & Scholarships website for more information.
Costs and cancellation policies vary by program. Please see the "Fees and Policies" information page (the link is in the program header at the top of this website). Be sure to consider the associated UK costs, program specifications, and related travel expenses.
Passport & Visa Requirements
Participants must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of return to the U.S. The Wildcat Passport Acceptance Facility in the UK Student Center, accepts U.S. passport applications. For more information about U.S. passport applications, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- U.S. Passport holders are not required to obtain a visa for participation on this program. Non-U.S. passport holders must investigate the visa regulations of the Irish Embassy as well as the associated regulations for their current U.S. student visa.
All participants of this program will be enrolled in Travel Medical Insurance for the duration of the program. Participants wishing to travel before or after the official program dates are strongly encouraged to purchase additional coverage for the extended travel dates. Please see the UK Education Abroad Health & Safety website for more information.
All students will participate in UK pre-departure orientation activities. Students will often participate in orientation activities upon arrival in the host country as well. In addition to pre-departure orientations, students will have access to on-going orientation resources during and after their program to maximize the intercultural and intellectual learning potential at each phase of the education abroad experience. Students are strongly encouraged to independently research their host country. Participants should consider the history, current politics, social media outlets, tourism boards, etc.
For More Information
For additional information about the program, please contact:
EA Peer Ambassadors, Education Abroad Resource Center, 315 Bradley Hall - Walk ins are welcome Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
EA Advisors assist students according to academic major. To find your EA Advisor visit EA Contact Us
Connect with EA
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer 2||2015||04/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||06/01/2015||06/28/2015|
|NOTE: Dates are approximate. Visit www.keiabroad.org for more information.|
|Fall||2015||05/10/2015 **||Rolling Admission||09/15/2015||12/20/2015|
|Academic Year||2015-2016||05/10/2015 **||Rolling Admission||09/15/2015||05/25/2016|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.